3 Must Do’s for success in today’s economy
The 3 Must Do’s for success in today’s economy will ensure you build a financial fortress around you and your family that can’t be penetrated. But many people believe that you need the right conditions to succeed – the right economy, right time of year, right personal conditions and so on. These are what are called external conditions.
Although external conditions are important to understand what trends and opportunities exist and which ones have dried up due to the COVID-19 crisis. The key to success all relates to internal conditions. There are 3 Must Do’s to set up the right internal conditions for success in today’s economy – they are: harnessing a gladiator mindset, developing new digital skills, and taking a chance on entrepreneurship to create your own economy.
Once you have internal conditions in order, you will be in a better position to navigate the external conditions, and see through the challenges and focus right to the opportunities… regardless what others may be experiencing and noticing.
So if you have been hit hard in recent weeks due to the COVID-19 crisis… you have lost a job, or you have had to shut down your business… or if your one of the lucky ones you are just having trouble getting enough customers in a new regulated operating environment we find ourselves in – it’s entirely normal to feel frustrated with no hope in sight. This is what most people are experiencing.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. You have heard the old saying that when the going gets tough, the tough gets going. You have the opportunity right now to take charge of your destiny and go get what you want. I don’t say this with rose colored glasses on. This is not wishful thinking. I have not only survived, but thrived through many personal crises in the past. And this will be one more crisis we all will get through – if we take responsibility for setting the stage for the right internal conditions.
“The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” – General Norman Schwarzkopf
The 3 Must Do’s for success in today’s economy
To create the right internal conditions… you must do these 3 things: (1) Harness a gladiator mindset – to fight your fears, break through the challenges and attack new opportunities. (2) Develop digital skills – to be more employable and thrive in the digital economy. (3) Unleash your inner entrepreneur – to start your own business and create financial freedom.
1. Harness a gladiator mindset – to fight your fears, break through the challenges and attack new opportunities
When the COVID-19 crisis began, I promised myself I wasn’t going to defeat myself with my thoughts. I was going to continue to build my passion based business ZAGGTIME. If my dreams were going to fail, they’d have to fail out in the world, not in my head. What’s the worst that could happen when I chase my dreams? I fail? Someone tells me I’m not good enough or smart enough or I’m doing it wrong? Or the economy won’t support your business. Those are bad, but the real horror would be to accept my socially prescribed fate, to sacrifice my happiness and dreams to experience in exchange for a lousy certainty.
I learned to master my inner psychology. I turned fear on itself by changing my fear focus. I didn’t allow negative assumptions about the economy to own my destiny any longer. There was no limitation powerful enough to hold me back. I became fearless, like a gladiator fighting for his life. The more a gladiator plays the game and defeats his opponents, the more fights he must engage in, and more likely he is to die – that’s total courage. As I harnessed gladiator-worthy courage, I bet on myself and my business dream so I could take a calculated risk.
I believed that, no matter what happened in the economy, I could handle anything. Whether the consequences were positive or negative, I would see it through because I was a gladiator now, and gladiators are ready to fight every day. I lived by the mantra “a step in the wrong direction is better than staying on the spot going nowhere.”
“You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
2. Develop digital skills – to be more employable and thrive in the digital economy
As major car companies, retailers, and many other industries go through global restructuring to be more competitive, they continue to close plants and brick and mortar stores – laying off thousands of people – while ecommerce businesses continue to grow exponentially. This is further proven by the slow demise of Black Friday, where only 44% of U.S. consumers say they plan to shop as much on Black Friday this year as they did last year, according to a survey from Deloitte. Cyber monday in 2018 had its biggest internet shopping day in history. Shoppers are bypassing the crowds and lengthy in-store lines and opting instead to do their holiday buying online.
We all need to be better prepared to transition out of the old economy, and take advantage of the new digital economy – to get your online piece of the pie. And the great thing about the digital economy is that opportunities are available to everyone and not just big corporations. Technology will continue to disrupt and create challenges, but it will also elicit equal opportunity for those that are ready. We all need to better understand how to use technology and create economic opportunity for ourselves. With increasing broadband coverage in many places around the world, access to the internet and online skills will enable new entrepreneurs and freelancers to take advantage of digital business opportunities to work in whatever style suits them.
Futurist Thomas Frey indicates that, in the next few years, individuals, businesses and communities at every level will face continuing challenge and change in the new digital economy. With the emergence of ecommerce, technology and artificial intelligence, it is estimated that by 2030 over two billion jobs will be displaced. At the same time, we can use technology to help unemployed people participate more fully in the economy. Technology will be an important tool and digital skills will be necessary to close this unemployment gap.
“You know you’re on the right track when you’re not interested in looking back.” – Tiny Buddha website
3. Unleash your inner entrepreneur – to start your own business and create financial freedom
A new level of thinking and a new standard for success is required to experience a new level of success. The thinking that got me to where I was would not get me where I wanted to go. I decided I would not settle for being good; instead, I chose to be more and live great.
I started masterminding with other successful lifestyle entrepreneurs who had made drastic changes and created their freedom and abundance. I wanted a business that positively changed myself and the world by adding value to people on a massive scale.
So, where can you find business opportunities to pursue and how do you determine which ideas present attractive business opportunities? What business fits best with your interest, past experiences, capabilities, lifestyle aspirations, financial objectives, and market needs? When you don’t already have a business idea, the search can be a bit difficult. It can seem overwhelming at times with so many questions to consider.
The more deliberate you are in your search to find the right business opportunity you have passion in, the more you will succeed long-term. Use the five considerations below to help guide you in choosing the business right for you.
- Start with defining your lifestyle, not the business. Define your lifestyle or your company will overtake it. A lifestyle determined in your mind will help steer you in what business to develop or how to approach the growth of your business.
- Ask yourself, what would you like to do today? Wake up when you want? Make your own schedule? Do what you want to do at the moment? Do you want to wear what you want? Set your own deadlines?
- Make sure passive revenue exceeds lifestyle needs. Do you want material things now, or to invest and set yourself up for the future? To support spending habits, you have to generate revenue continually.
- Are you doing what you love to do? For many people, the desire to own a business is so powerful and exciting that little thought is given to ensuring their joy, happiness, and fulfillment. It is imperative you work on projects you are passionate about in some way.
- Do you want to live globally? With the internet and technology available we can operate a business anywhere in the world and not be confined by geographic boundaries.
“Make today a day of decision. Take charge and make the change. The future is not in the hands of fate but in ours.” – Jules Jusserand, author and diplomat
CALL TO ACTION – Learn how to harness a gladiator mindset, develop digital skills and start your own online business
Are you sitting at home with free time? If so this may be your lucky day.
Are you rethinking the job you have and whether you even want to go back to it? If so this may be your lucky day.
Because out of turmoil comes great opportunities – if you’re prepared and aware. For example, do you Know that over half of today’s Fortune 500 firms were started during a recession? You see, in turmoil lies massive opportunities if you both recognize them and are lucky enough to take advantage of them.
So this day in the midst of turmoil may very well be YOUR LUCKY DAY. Yes, if you’re prepared to harness your growth mindset, develop new digital skills and unleash your inner entrepreneur in the digital economy.
If your intuition tells you that taking advantage of some free video workshops and other resources to help you start an online business is the right next step for you, stretch yourself if necessary and go for it.
Click the links to get access now and start to design the life and business you love in the digital economy.
- Access free training. Get access to the same digital entrepreneurship training I used to develop my online business. This 4-part workshop series will introduce you to how realistic it is for YOU to start a profitable online business from scratch! This special offer is available to you through our ZAGGTIME Digital Academy and our partners at Six Figure Mentors. Click the link to sign up and get free access to your workshop training http://tidyurl.com/myy8eh
- Join my free coaching community. If you have not already done so, join my ZAGGTIME free coaching community to get up to date newsletters and access to many other great resources and tools to design the life and business you love. Click the link to join now https://zaggtime.com/join-our-community/
- Join my Facebook page. Join my Facebook Group called the LIFESTYLE ENTREPRENERUS Source “to learn how to cut through the B.S. (the fears and limiting beliefs) holding you back and ATTACK your opportunities (create the income, lifestyle and freedom you want). Click the link to join now https://www.facebook.com/groups/1134273866589283/
- Contact me. Email me at email@example.com or text me 306-570-7321 to arrange a free one on one consultation to discuss your digital entrepreneur dreams
With the free videos we teach you exactly how to become a digital entrepreneur.
What’s more, participating in the free video workshops is also the first step toward creating the income, lifestyle and freedom you want.
So go for it. You’ll thank yourself over and over again.
I’m looking forward to helping you leap from where you are into a life a business you love.
WAKE UP – Birth a new YOU – and live with NO regrets!
Doug Howorko – “the lifestyle entrepreneur” & founder of ZAGGTIME
ZAGGTIME is the source for Lifestyle Entrepreneurs. We are a team of business bloggers and lifestyle enthusiasts impacting the world by sharing inspirational and practical insights for creating the income, lifestyle and freedom you want
“It’s not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin, naturalist, geologist and biologist