Getting Unstuck in Life – 10 Signs to Watch for
How do you know if you’re in a chokehold? We’ve put together this list of tell tale signs. If they sound familiar, you need to build a strategy for getting unstuck in life and break yourself free. Take a look.
With barely any effort we can come up with dozens of reasons why we can’t take action now, and we end up staying the course. This usually means you have a steady job with a predictable paycheck. It may not be a dream job, but at least you know what to expect there. Shaking things up would mean hard work, risk, you’d have to explain it to your family and friends, and besides you’re so busy, and there’s that vacation/car/renovation you’re saving up for, etc. These excuses are too readily available, and they represent the chokehold that keeps us from making real change in our lives.
How do you know if you’re in a chokehold? We’ve put together this list of tell tale signs. If they sound familiar, you need to build a strategy to break yourself free. Take a look.
10 Signs Your Not Getting Unstuck in Life;
- You’re bored at work but aren’t looking for a new job.
- You use your responsibilities, to your family or organization, as an excuse to be satisfied with the status quo.
- When you were younger you had a very different idea of what your career would be like.
- You get home from work too tired to do anything productive.
- You let fear instead of excitement dictate your career path.
- You often think back to successes of the past, but you aren’t working on something new to take pride in.
- You let yourself think that being busy means you’re accomplishing something.
- You can easily identify faults in new ideas, but you don’t propose ideas of your own.
- You don’t trust the people you work with, and you feel little or no loyalty to them.
- You’re waiting for the perfect moment to make a big change.
If these statements sound like you, or even if there’s two or three that hit home, you have to do something to shake yourself out of the rut you’re in. You’re better than this. If you let it, apathy and fear will sink in deeper every day and your whole life will flash by in an unremarkable blur. Don’t let it happen to you!
Stay tuned to the Z for some great strategies for breaking the chokehold on your way to becoming Wise, Wild and Free.